What is a boiler service and why do I need one?
What is a boiler service?
Just like your car you use a boiler all year round, it becomes a piece of machinery that you rely on and cannot live without, therefore just like a car needs a MOT to check all is going well.
Whether your boiler is a conventional boiler, combination boiler, Worcester or Ideal, it must be serviced! A boiler service should be carried out once a year by a heating engineer like our Pros here at Fixed Price Trade to check that the boiler is running as efficiently as it should and that there are no gas leaks. Although gas leaks now are extremely rare it is important to have the peace of mind that your boiler is yearly checked by a professional to set your mind at rest.
What would be checked during a boiler service with Fixed Price Trade:
- A Pro engineer will inspect your boiler and controls to make sure they are operating safely
- The inspection will include checking your boiler for corrosion and leaks
- During the service the boiler casing will be removed to check the functioning of its main components. After this is done a Pro engineer will replace the casing as well as ensuring it is properly sealed
- A gas pressure check
- A flue test will ensure that no unsafe emissions are being released from your boiler
- Where required a boilers parts will be cleaned as required to prevent any malfunctions in the future
Legal requirements for boiler services
Under the Gas Safety (installation and use) regulations 1998 it is a legal requirement for landlords or property owners to get a yearly boiler service. This includes shops, care homes and public building.
Landlords and property owners are responsible for tenant’s safety, therefore consequences of not complying with the regulations could not only result in a large fine but result in a tenant getting carbon monoxide poisoning that no landlord would want on their conscience.
Remember a boiler service and install should only be carried out by a gas safe registered engineer like our Pro’s!